Thursday, March 12, 2009

How I Learned to Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle

Thoughts on How I learned to Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle.

Like most of you I have seen many pitches about flat belly diets. I wanted to share some other ideas about this. My long, personal experience finally got to my ideal weight. A long road.

I took a brand new tack. I switched from "Trying" to "Doing".
What else I did was make a public commitment. I got support from others. A support group of sorts..
I knew it couldn't be about about calorie counting. It was about how much and what I chose. I followed Dr. D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet. It really worked. Not easy. I kept at it, and went through all the mental challenges.
What I learned:
1. Once Committed the path is always ahead, even when there are challenges along the way.
2. It takes 30 days to change a habit. It took that long to transition. Commit to it.
3. Focus on your Goal, and rejoice with each success on the way to keep determined.
4. Have a specific measurable goal. Mine was to get to 178 lbs, started at 200. (took 9 mos.)
5. Focus on your life's activities, and what you enjoy from wake up to sleep time.
6. Take time to clean out all the distractions, junk food, candy, anything that's unhealthy.
7. If you need something in between meals have the best: fruit, veggies: a small amount.
8. Take your time when eating and use tasty recipes/items, use spices to add zest.
9. Pledge to do this as a life-long road to vibrant health, not for a quick fix.
10. Find your own Way, we are all different and no one size fits all. Gradual is best.
Be open to learning new Information.
Discover the way that works for you. Remember that your body takes sometimes 60-90 days to transition to a new level of health, getting free of your habits, to release food addictions, and be free.
11. Lastly: Regular Exercise helps a whole lot, it needs to be sufficient and consistent.
Also focus on what gives you pleasure and dive in, use yourt energy and time and focus. Find something good for yourself or others.
Also Remember: You Are a Beautiful Person, look in the mirror and say 3 times: "I love you."


Take a look at this: Fat Burning Nutrition 'Bible'

No comments: